University of Wolverhampton (UOW) Program Counsellor
|Position number / Grade
||JM5/JM4 (Jr. Exe/Exe)
Position Purpose: Gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to management positions under direction of experienced personnel by performing various duties.
Reporting line: Head Of Department
Organisational context: Rustomjee Academy For Global Careers is a Division of the Rustomjee Group into Vocational Training and Education & Skill Development providing transformation, progress, and optimism. Our people are our most valued asset, with our academics among the best and our professional staff revolutionizing the way we operate as an organization. For more information about our university and our exciting future, please visit www.ragc.in.
Academic Boards Offered:
Edexcel Board: A Major UK Examination Board that offers a variety of qualifications informal and vocational sectors. Every year, Edexcel awards more than 1.5 million certificates to students in over 100 countries worldwide. Edexcel Programs are recognized in all the major Universities across the world.
MSBVEE: Maharashtra State Board for Vocational Education Examination (MSBVEE) is an autonomous body governed by the Maharashtra State Government.
Key Responsibility Areas/Deliverables:
- You have to work in regards to our international degree programme i.e. University of Wolverhampton and provide educational guidance to the students and their parents of the various degree, diploma, and part-time courses.
- Counsel students regarding educational issues such as course and program selection.
- Motivating and coordinating with the students.
- Meeting with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress, and to determine their priorities for their children and their resource needs.
5. Prepare students for later educational experiences by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
6. Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence
- Converting leads into admissions.
Education Qualification Required:
- Graduate/Diploma with specialization in any subject
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma from a recognized Institute/University with a minimum of 50% marks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Highly adaptable and willing to be placed where the company operates
- Strong written, verbal, analytical skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, Spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Extensive travel may be required depending upon the position
- Client Relationship Management
- Knowledge and experience with programs in the relevant field
- Have an in-depth understanding of all documentation, duties, tasks, and procedures associated with the area for which they have responsibility
- Strong administrative, management and leadership skills