Automobile Lab Assistant
Job Description / Key Responsibility Areas:
A laboratory Assistant supervises and coordinates activities of students engaged in performing subject related practical’s, technical training, experiments and assignment as required to enhance their knowledge to be at par with the industry by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all adequate resources are available for the students to perform practical
- Ensures all students are adequately trained to safely perform all required practical and their equal learning and competency records are maintained.
- Ensures compliance with all policy procedures in the laboratory
- Laboratory Assistant will meet / exceed budgeted financial expectation regarding sales, profits, costs and expenses as designed by the Lab Manager / HOD
- Provides employee high level of Coaching and motivation and champions in the designated field to beat the industry standards and train the students as per industry requirements
- Maintains an “open door policy” and communicates with students and faculties to promote empowerment and accountability.
- Obtains and maintains an in-depth knowledge of local market requirements.
- Understands coaching / training requirements and organizes lab procedures and schedules to provide for meeting/exceeding student knowledge.
- Fosters student’s confidence in laboratory work to make them industry ready
- Reviews local laboratory operations for all aspects of the continuous improvement process
- Compiles and analyzes equipment information to determine operating efficiency and to diagnose problems and malfunctions.
- Recommends measures to improve working procedures, use of equipment, and needs for new equipment. Conducts research to develop custom procedures as needed, working in conjunction with lab management / Faculty.
- Handles required disciplinary matters in a fair and consistent manner and maintains open communication with the Lab Manager and the concerned department.
- Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct, behaves ethically at all times, ensures compliance in all areas.
- Ensures laboratory practices meet or exceed board guidelines and industry standards.
- Reads, understands and enforces Safety policies.
- May on occasion be required to perform the duties of the Lab Manager
- Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet testing requirements and control costs.
- Maintains time, training, calibration and records
- Other duties as may be assigned by Laboratory Manager and/or HOD
Position Requirements / Expectations:
NCVT / Diploma or Equivalent Degree in a discipline relevant to the Trade
Minimum 5 years of Industry experience (Teaching/Training Experience would be an Advantage)
Age and Gender:
30 yrs to 40 yrs and any
Location : Thane, Mumbai