Position number / Grade: JM5 (Exe./Jr. Exe.)
Employment Type: Full Time
Work location: Mumbai
Key Responsibility Areas/Deliverables:
- Engage resources for conduct of events and media updates for newsletter and internal/external corporate communication
- Helps in liaison between the HODs, industry and key internal staff
- Complete special projects as assigned from time-to-time: lay objectives, priorities, time management, engage resources, governance, adjustments to solve problems
- Prepare project reports: Identify opportunities, map resources, check viability and advice action report
- Update the corporate knowledge bank and share updates with team through participation in industry events, journals, personal network
Education Qualification Required –
- Graduate/Diploma with specialization in any subject
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma from a recognized Institute/University with a minimum of 50% marks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Highly adaptable and willing to be placed where the company operates
Technical Competence –
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, Spreadsheets and PowerPoint
- Extensive travel may be required depending upon the position
- Client Relationship Management
- Project governance
- Proficiency with Social media
- Knowledge and experience with programs in the relevant field
- Have an in-depth understanding of all documentation, duties, tasks and procedures associated with the area for which they have responsibility
- Strong administrative, management and leadership skills
Education: BE/BTech from a recognized University
Experience: Minimum 5 years of Industry experience (Teaching/Training Experience would be an Advantage)
- A Faculty will identify Student Needs and adapt teaching to accommodate students of different learning styles
- He / She will bridge the gap between students and industry.
- He / She will Coach, Mentor & Train Students to be employable as per industry standards and needs.
- He / She will follow below points to ensure smooth function and student’s transition.
Planning for the program:
- Prepare Day wise schedule of the topics
- Plan and incorporate activities in the teaching plan (visits, guest lectures, group activities, seminars)
- Preparation of teaching resources: class presentations, case study material
- Preparation of student hand-outs and other study material
- Plan and organize practical sessions for the subject assigned
- Preparation of Assignments and project work
- Methodology of delivery of the topics as per the vocational nature of the program
- Other details as required to teach the subject effectively
Delivery of the program:
- Deliver lectures for subjects assigned
- Conduct practical sessions as per the course structure
- Guide the students in completing assignments and project work
- Plan and organize Industry Site visits – related to the theory topics taught
- In coordination with the HOD – Interact with the industry for visits, guest lecturers placements
Assessment and development:
- Conduct the assessment of the students as per the structure of the program: assignments, written exams, observation, etc.
- Monitor the progress of each student on the criteria laid for assessment and development and lay down plans for improvements
- Interact with the parents for sharing the progress of the students
Student Management and Internship:
- Maintain the discipline management system that results in positive student behaviour and enhance school climate.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and the student discipline is appropriate and equitable in accordance with student code of conduct and centre
- Co-Ordinate with the Placement team and parents/students regarding internship interviews
- Arrange timely meeting between placement team and students
- Use appropriate techniques to encourage parent involvement
- Taking care of institute’s property and cleanliness of the work station / class room / lab. assigned
- Take active participation in student’s welfare and setting up education standards, extracurricular programs and various activities
- Adherence to student assessments and evaluation towards theory, practical, weekend workshops and internship task assessments and industrial visits
- Take initiative and active participation to enhance student’s performance, evaluation staff conference, and professional growth and accomplish self / student improvement goals
Education: Post-Graduate/Graduate/Diploma from a recognized university
Experience: Min 5 years of Work Experience
A laboratory Manager supervises and coordinates activities of students engaged in performing subject related practical’s, technical training, experiments and assignment as required to enhance their knowledge to be at par with the industry by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all adequate resources are available for the students to perform practical
- Ensures all students are adequately trained to safely perform all required practical and their equal learning and competency records are maintained.
- Ensures compliance with all policy procedures in the laboratory
- Laboratory Assistant will meet/exceed budgeted financial expectation regarding sales, profits, costs, and expenses as designed by the Lab Manager / HOD
- Provides employee high level of Coaching and motivation and champions in the designated field to beat the industry standards and train the students as per industry requirements
- Maintains an “open door policy” and communicates with students and faculties to promote empowerment and accountability.
- Obtains and maintains an in-depth knowledge of local market requirements.
- Understands coaching/training requirements and organizes lab procedures and schedules to provide for meeting/exceeding student knowledge.
- Fosters student’s confidence in laboratory work to make them industry ready
- Reviews local laboratory operations for all aspects of the continuous improvement process
- Compiles and analyzes equipment information to determine operating efficiency and to diagnose problems and malfunctions.
- Recommends measures to improve working procedures, use of equipment, and needs for new equipment. Conducts research to develop custom procedures as needed, working in conjunction with lab management / Faculty.
- Handles required disciplinary matters in a fair and consistent manner and maintain open communication with the Lab Manager and the concerned department.
- Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct, behaves ethically at all times, ensures compliance in all areas.
- Ensures laboratory practices meet or exceed board guidelines and industry standards.
- Reads understand and enforce Safety policies.
- May on occasion be required to perform the duties of the Lab Manager
- Establishes or adjusts work schedules to meet testing requirements and control costs.
- Maintains time, training, calibration and records
Other duties as may be assigned by Laboratory Manager and/or HOD